Find an Experienced Provider of Primary Care About 15 Minutes From Durham, NC
A primary care provider is a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant who acts as your main contact any time you have a non-emergency health concern. These medical professionals provide preventive medical care and help people who are sick. A primary care provider also makes referrals to specialists when necessary. If you have a heart murmur, for example, your PCP would refer you to a cardiologist for further evaluation.
Primary Care Provider Duties
Primary care providers are trained to provide the following medical services:
- Perform annual physical examinations
- Administer immunizations
- Educate patients about healthy behaviors
- Manage chronic illnesses such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and asthma
- Diagnose and treat acute illnesses such as respiratory infections and skin rashes
- Perform Pap smears and other women’s health services
- Ensure patients get appropriate screening tests
- Perform health risk assessments
Why You Need a Primary Care Provider
You may think you don’t need a physician for primary care, especially if you are young and in good health, but this isn’t true. There are several good reasons to have a primary care provider, even if you don’t have any health problems.
- Your PCP will ensure you receive continuous care, which could help you avoid serious health problems down the road.
- When you visit the same practice all the time, it is easier to get to know your PCP and her staff members.
- If you need a referral to a specialist, your PCP will be able to refer you to someone she knows and trusts.
- Having an established relationship with a PCP makes it easier to get an appointment if you do come down with an illness.
- Visiting your PCP regularly will help you learn how to take care of yourself and prevent serious illnesses.
Primary Care near Durham, NC
Chapel Hill Primary Care offers comprehensive care to adults and adolescents who are at least 13 years old. When you meet with one of our primary care providers, you can take advantage of the following services:
- Cholesterol screening
- EKG testing
- Weight management counseling
- Annual physicals
- Diabetes management
- Preventive care services
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute injuries and illnesses
- Management of hypertension
- Administration of vaccinations
- Patient education
A Personalized Approach to Medicine
Our office is near Durham, NC with primary care providers that give each patients personalized attention. We also practice evidence-based medicine, which means we make recommendations based on the best medical evidence available. Whether you need a routine physical or an appointment to discuss a serious health concern, one of our compassionate primary care providers will explain all of your options and help you make the best decision for your circumstances.
The primary care providers at Chapel Hill Primary Care near Durham NC also focus on educating patients about preventing chronic disease. Chronic illnesses are expensive to treat and can have a big impact on the quality of your life. Working to prevent these diseases could save you a lot of money and help you avoid having to cope with serious medical problems in the future.
Seeing a primary care provider will help you maintain your health and avoid preventable diseases. Whether you need a simple checkup or help with a complex medical issue, our primary care providers are ready to help. Call us at (919) 929-7990, or use our Patient Portal to schedule an appointment.